Legal Protection For Workers
- Employment Law
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Termination
Amanda Whitten specializes in suing large corporations for sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation and wrongful termination. She is a native of the Central Valley, has a passion for Bulldog football at Fresno State, running marathons, and social justice.
Ms. Whitten's law practice extends from Bakersfield to Sacramento to Oakland. She has cases filed in federal and state courts all over the Central Valley. She has significant experience with jury trials in courts throughout the state. She knows how to get your case ready for a jury trial.
Just within the last few years, Ms. Whitten has recovered millions of dollars for her clients in employment cases against big companies. She has handled cases against Starbucks, Cingular, Verizon, Microsoft, Comcast, Odwalla, Walgreens, Kaplan, E.&J. Gallo Winery, Taco Bell, the California Department of Corrections, Kragen Autoparts, Abbott Laboratories, Orchard Supply Hardware, Target, Intel and Red Robin.
Ms. Whitten relies heavily upon technology in her law practice and in the court room during trial. Big companies like the ones Ms. Whitten litigates against often think they can bury plaintiffs in documents. Unfortunately for them, Ms. Whitten is well-versed in information technology, and uses her knowledge to make sure she obtains the electronic evidence from companies that often times exposes the proverbial 'smoking gun'. Ms. Whitten uses all of the latest technology and recognizes the impact that technology, the internet, and even social networking have had on the workplace and employee's rights.
Ms. Whitten has been selected to be on the Rising Stars/Super Lawyers list from every year since 2017.
Ms. Whitten is a tireless advocate and feels privileged to have the opportunity to enforce employee rights in the workplace.
- University of California at Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D. - 2007
- California State University, Fresno, California
- B.A. in Political Science & B.S. in Criminology - 2004
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Presidential Scholar - Smittcamp Family Honors College
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- California Rural Legal Assistance, Law Clerk - Elder Abuse and Senior Law Center
- Greater Bakersfield Legal Assistance, Law Clerk - Housing Law
- Office of the Federal Defender, Law Clerk
- Office of Senator Dean Florez, Staff Assistant
- State Bar of California, Member
- Fresno Bar Association, Member
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Selected to Rising Stars/Super Lawyers 2017-current